News & Events
You are here
Primordial oceans had oxygen 250 million years before the atmosphere
Cynthia Hagley, Minnesota Sea Grant educator, receives top national teaching award.
Great Lakes scientists identify five grand challenges facing the Great Lakes
Large Lakes Observatory graduate researchers tackle hurdles faced by area communities.
The R/V Blue Heron visits Chicago's Navy Pier.
Large Lakes Observatory scientist receives a 2017 teacher-scholar award.
LLO director receives John Martin Award from the Association for the Sciences of Limnology and Oceanography.
It's hard to study underneath the ice, but that doesn't mean nothing is happening.
A UMD student and her professor travel along the shores of Lake Superior picking up concrete tiles.
A research process that began more than 20 years ago at UMD sheds light on centuries of African climate conditions.
Other News Stories about LLO
- Fakhraee and Katsev in Science Advances
- Robert Sterner talking about Lake Superior lake level on WDIO ABC
- Chris Filstrup and John Downing find that "Clear Lakes Disguise Impaired Water Quality."
- Ted Ozersky and Sergei Katsev are award an NSF grant - "Ecosystem-scale responses of coupled carbon and nutrient cycles to dramatic shifts in benthic communities: the Upper Great Lakes".
- Wisconsin Public Radio News - Researchers Study Waves Under The Waters Of Lake Superior. Sam Kelly, principal investigator for the study and an assistant professor with the Large Lakes Observatory at the University of Minnesota-Duluth.
- Byron A. Steinman, co-author: "Climate change drove population decline in New World before Europeans arrived."
- Jay Austin and Sam Kelly: Waves and Sound in Lake Superior
- Professor emeritus Robert Hecky received the Anderson-Everett award for service to the society
- Former PhD student Dan Titze received the Best Student Author award for a paper he published with his adviser Jay Austin.
- LLO is one of the participating organizations in NOAA's new "Cooperative Institute for Great Lakes Research"
- LLO is featured in the Spring edition of the Bridge.
- Chris Filstrup has coauthored an article published in Ecology and Evolution
- Byron Steinman has coauthored on a Nature Scientific Reports paper that came out yesterday and is getting press attention.
- Jay Austin answers in terms of ice and water for MPR News
- Jay Austin and Dan Titze article by Great Lakes Echo "Peering Beneath Great Lakes Ice"
- Steinman co-authors study linking paleoclimate to N. American population decline
- Bob Sterner interview on Fox 21 About Lake Superior Water Levels
- Bob Sterner wins ASLO's John H. Martin Award
- Ted Ozersky in the NY Times
- Jay Austin in the news
- Sam Kelly receives NSF funding
- Sam Kelly in MIT News
- Sergei Katsev in PNAS
- The Blue Heron in the news
- Sergei Katsev on Canyon Lake
- Jay Austin on MPR
- The RV Blue Heron in the Duluth Shipping News
- Johnson, Brown, Steinman, Halbur, Grosshuesch in Nature
- Local coverage of the Johnson et al. Nature paper
- Ozersky receives Sea Grant funding
- Steinman in The Environmental Monitor
- Sterner in C&E News
- The Mexidrill project going strong!