News & Events
You are here
Great Lakes scientists identify five grand challenges facing the Great Lakes
Large Lakes Observatory graduate researchers tackle hurdles faced by area communities.
The R/V Blue Heron visits Chicago's Navy Pier.
Large Lakes Observatory scientist receives a 2017 teacher-scholar award.
LLO director receives John Martin Award from the Association for the Sciences of Limnology and Oceanography.
It's hard to study underneath the ice, but that doesn't mean nothing is happening.
A UMD student and her professor travel along the shores of Lake Superior picking up concrete tiles.
A research process that began more than 20 years ago at UMD sheds light on centuries of African climate conditions.
Wanna learn about the latest scientific research taking place on Lake Superior? Here's an event for the whole family.
Other News Stories about LLO
- Professor emeritus Robert Hecky received the Anderson-Everett award for service to the society
- Former PhD student Dan Titze received the Best Student Author award for a paper he published with his adviser Jay Austin.
- LLO is one of the participating organizations in NOAA's new "Cooperative Institute for Great Lakes Research"
- LLO is featured in the Spring edition of the Bridge.
- Chris Filstrup has coauthored an article published in Ecology and Evolution
- Byron Steinman has coauthored on a Nature Scientific Reports paper that came out yesterday and is getting press attention.
- Jay Austin answers in terms of ice and water for MPR News
- Jay Austin and Dan Titze article by Great Lakes Echo "Peering Beneath Great Lakes Ice"
- Steinman co-authors study linking paleoclimate to N. American population decline
- Bob Sterner interview on Fox 21 About Lake Superior Water Levels
- Bob Sterner wins ASLO's John H. Martin Award
- Ted Ozersky in the NY Times
- Jay Austin in the news
- Sam Kelly receives NSF funding
- Sam Kelly in MIT News
- Sergei Katsev in PNAS
- The Blue Heron in the news
- Sergei Katsev on Canyon Lake
- Jay Austin on MPR
- The RV Blue Heron in the Duluth Shipping News
- Johnson, Brown, Steinman, Halbur, Grosshuesch in Nature
- Local coverage of the Johnson et al. Nature paper
- Ozersky receives Sea Grant funding
- Steinman in The Environmental Monitor
- Sterner in C&E News
- The Mexidrill project going strong!