Presenting UROP Results

Presenting UROP Results

In addition to the final report, UROP participants are strongly encourage to present the results of their work to the public. There are several opportunities to present results for a UROP award. 

UMD Showcase

Every fall and spring UMD provide any University of Minnesota undergraduate student who has completed a research or artistic project to showcase their project at the UMD Undergraduate Research and Artistic Showcase.  Students DO NOT have to be a UROP student to participate and they do not have a be student on the Duluth campus.  All undergraduate students from any University of Minnesota campus are welcome to attend. 

The fall 2021 showcase was featured on Fox21 news.

The spring 2019 showcase was featured on both WDIO and Fox21 news reports. 


The Council on Undergraduate Research (CUR) hosts the annual National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR) for students.  In order to attend NCUR, UMD students must have a UMD UROP project, apply and be accepted by their college to attend NCUR, and submit an abstract to CUR.  If CUR approves your application, they will contact you of your acceptance and then you will be contacted by UMD and travel arrangements will be made for you. Each year between 10 and 20 UMD students, attend NCUR.     

Submissions to the NCUR 2024 will open November 2023. 

Poster Preparation

To help in preparing your poster either for the UMD Showcase or NCUR, review these helpful poster creating tips. 

Poster Presentation Tips

Travel Fund Requests

SCSE can potentially provide funds to students to assist in covering costs for presenting research or accepting awards. Applications are reviewed and depending on fund availability, it can be a competitive process. Funding is provided by generous annual gifts from alumni and friends of Swenson College.

Student Travel Fund Application

Deadlines to apply:

Please submit your application form prior to travel dates. Travel must be associated with presenting research or accepting awards. A student can only receive funding once as an undergraduate and once as a graduate.