You are here
We need to ensure the safety of participants in Swenson College Outreach activities, therefore it's important that all of our volunteers receive the appropriate training.
We've done our best to make the process as straightforward and convenient as possible, so many of the steps can be done online.
Depending on the type of activity you choose, you may need to attend additional training in person.
Here are the first steps to volunteering with Swenson College Outreach:
- Read the Outreach Orientation Guidelines for Community Engagement presentation.
- Read the online Safety of Minors Policy.
- Read the accompanying Health and Safety Requirements and Expectations for Programs Involving Minors (Appendix to Policy).
- Complete the online Outreach Survey that will summarize questions taken from the required reading elements listed above.
- Print, fill out and sign the Volunteer Release and Agreement. Bring to room Engineering 102.
- Fill out the Completion of K-12 Outreach Training and Paperwork survey.
- The Student Code of Conduct applies to any event you volunteer with for UMD. Visit the website for more information.
- Once you have completed the steps above, you may be contacted by the Outreach Coordinator to schedule any additional training. For some events, you may only be required to come prior to your shift for a brief overview of your outreach role.