You are here
Electrical Engineering Department
We're very proud of our efforts to mentor and teach middle school students and get them excited about the many opportunities in electrical engineering.
Connecting with our Community
We take outreach seriously and invite possibilities to get others excited about STEM.
One event we look forward to every year is Swenson College's Science & Engineering day, which gives middle and high school students an opportunity to try hands-on engineering activities.
It's important youth get the chance to engage with science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) and meet scientists and engineers to get a better sense of how STEM skills are put to work. To do that, we offer activities at events and host tour groups on campus.
Current Students Also Benefit
College students have a lot to gain in taking part in outreach activities. They can:
- Improve their presentation skills
- Make new connections with professionals, faculty & other students
- Be an inspiration to a young person
- Get energized and excited about their field
- Learn teaching and mentoring skills
- Attend training sessions and take advantage of campus resources
- Build on their resume
- Make a difference in our community
Many electrical engineering students have taught kids as part of Swenson College after-school programs, taking time out of their busy schedules to provide much needed mentoring and basic engineering skills to elementary students.