You are here
Electrical Engineering Department
Our students have the chance to share their passion for science and technology and mentor young people via outreach activities on and off campus.
Connecting with our Community
We take outreach seriously and invite possibilities to get others excited about STEM.
Every year, Swenson College hosts STEM Discovery Day, which gives middle and high school students an opportunity to try hands-on engineering activities.
It's important youth get the chance to engage with science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) and meet scientists and engineers to get a better sense of how STEM skills are put to work. To do that, we offer activities at events and host tour groups on campus.
Current Students Also Benefit
College students involved in outreach activities can:
- Improve their presentation skills
- Make new connections with professionals, faculty & other students
- Be an inspiration to a young person
- Get energized and excited about their field
- Learn teaching and mentoring skills
- Attend training sessions and take advantage of campus resources
- Build on their resume
- Make a difference in our community
Many electrical engineering students have taught kids as part of Swenson College after-school programs, taking time out of their busy schedules to provide much needed tutoring and basic engineering skills to middle and high school students.