Swenson College of Science & Engineering is launching this free gap year program for admitted SCSE students that have decided to delay their academic start.
The program will provide an opportunity to explore career options and make connections on campus that will support their college journey.
- Students that have already been admitted to UMD's Swenson College of Science & Engineering, but are delaying their college career for 1-2 semesters.
- Monthly, 50-minute Zoom meetings for 9 months
- September 2020 through May 2021
- Fill out this survey to share times that best fit your schedule
- Skill-building (professionalism, emotional intelligence & career-mindedness)
- Prepare for UMD success with best practices for studying, time management & well-being
- Build networks with other students, faculty & industry partners
- Earn modest scholarships for participating in meetings
- Prepare for careers by learning about growing job sectors, insights on business expectations for new hires and how to showcase your skills & experience
- Fill out this entry survey to indicate interest and register
- Commit to attend at least 5 of the 9 sessions
- Join us monthly for 50 minute training and networking (email to registrants with links to follow)
- Work independently in between sessions to further your training & make the most productive use of your time for resume building and success