Swenson College of Science & Engineering professional development program for admitted SCSE students that have decided to delay their start or return to campus.
The program will provide an opportunity to explore career options and make connections on campus that will support your college journey.
- Students that have already been admitted to UMN Duluth's Swenson College of Science & Engineering, but are delaying their college career for 1-2 semesters (incoming or continuing students) or recent local high school graduates considering a delayed start to UMN Duluth.
- Monthly, 60-minute Zoom meetings for 9 months
- September 2022 through May 2023
- Fill out this survey to be contacted about this program
- Skill-building (professionalism, emotional intelligence & career-mindedness)
- Prepare for UMN Duluth success with best practices for studying, time management & well-being
- Build networks with other students, faculty & industry partners
- Earn Swenson College scholarships for participation
- Prepare for careers by learning about growing job sectors, insights on business expectations for new hires and how to showcase your skills & experience
- Fill out this survey to indicate interest
- Receive confirmation to Bridging the Gap by late August (spaces are limited)
- Attend at least 5 of the 9 sessions to earn scholarship $
- Join us monthly for 60 minute training and networking (email to registrants with links to follow)
- Work independently in between sessions to further your training & make the most productive use of your time for resume building and success