UMD has four colleges and countless opportunities
Students can major and minor, or double major, in different colleges at UMD. Work with university professionals and advising & academic services offices, with questions prior to submitting a major or minor declaration.
Current Students: Declare or Change a Major or Minor
To register as a student in a new major, plan to submit online forms to the collegiate unit that offers the major. We recommend meeting with your academic advisor to discuss options
Swenson College online: Add or change Major, Minor or Advisor Form
Log in to MyU & UMD email
- Swenson College students declaring, removing or adding a second Swenson major of the same degree type (B.S. and B.S.). Or request/change an advisor.
- Students in another college adding a second major of the same degree type (ex. B.S. Linguistics and B.S. Computer Science).
- Any student at UMD can use this form to declare or remove a Swenson College Minor.
Dual Degree Program Application - Undergraduate (electronic)
Add a major of a second degree type which is different from the first.
- example: B.S. Biochemistry and B.A. Chemistry (two different degrees/same college)
- example: B.S. Computer Science and B.A. Music (two different degrees in two different colleges)
Application for Undergraduate Change of College - UMD campus (electronic)
Submit the application to the collegiate unit that offers your intended major
Before submitting for a SCSE major, make sure you meet prerequisites:
- One semester of UMD coursework, including mathematics at the level of College Algebra or above, must be successfully completed. GPA minimums:
- 2.0 SCSE Science majors
- 2.0 Electrical Engineering, Engineering Physics
- 2.5 Mechanical, Industrial and Civil Engineering
- 3.0 Chemical Engineering
Minor declaration forms for minors in CAHSS, CEHSP and LSBE
Enhance your primary program of study by adding a minor.
- College of Education Human Services Professions: online Minor Declaration form
- College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences: Declare or Drop CAHSS Minor (online form)
- Labovitz School of Business and Economics: online Add/Change of Major or Minor Form
Returning to Swenson College? We welcome you to submit the following:
- Readmission/Return From Leave of Absence Request (departed with good academic standing)
- Both the Readmission/Return From Leave of Absence Request and Petition forms are required if requesting re-enrollment after dismissal. Submit to SCSE Advising & Academic Services.
Change to another U System Campus: Crookston, Morris, Rochester, UMTC
- First, meet with Advising and Academic Services to discuss your goal. They often have insight that may help with your decisions.
- Then submit the Application for Undergraduate Change of Campus (other University of Minnesota campuses)