Bringing the Universe to You
The Marshall W. Alworth Planetarium offers live, interactive shows and full-dome theater presentations. From traditional star displays and cultural shows that show the importance of astronomy around the world, to feature presentations that whisk you through the depths of outer space, the planetarium has something for curious stargazers of all ages.
Located on the main UMD campus, the planetarium has served Duluth for more than 50 years as a fun and educational resource for school groups from preschool to college.
The planetarium is also home to the Arrowhead Astronomical Society, one of the largest amateur astronomy societies in the Upper Midwest.
We invite you to an unforgettable evening — to experience the fascinating world of astronomy.
Want to keep up to date with events at the planetarium? Join our weekly newsletter! Click here to join
The Planetarium offers several shows every week!
- Wonderstruck Wednesdays at 7p - FREE shows for all
- Fridays at 7p - Live guided tours of the universe (includes a tour of Tonight's Sky)
- Saturdays at 2p - Family Show! Pre-recorded shows that are ideal for families (includes a tour of Tonight's Sky)
- Saturdays at 7p - General Public Show! Pre-recorded shows for all ages (includes a tour of Tonight's Sky)
- Second Saturday Sensory Friendly Show - Enjoy a planetarium show in a more sensory friendly environment
Bring your class, scout troop, company, or family to the Planetarium for a private show. Click one of the buttons below for more information.
We run a number of special events throughout the year. Click the button below for information on any upcoming events.