Majors & Minors
You are here
Swenson College offers seven degree programs with
majors and minors to spark your intellectual interest.
Bachelor of Art (B.A.)
Bachelor of Science (B.S.)
Bachelor of Science Engineering (B.S.C.E, B.S.ChE, B.S.E.E. B.S.I.E., B.S.M.E.)
Explore Swenson College major and undergraduate degree requirements:
- All UMD programs are found in the UMD Academics site and the UMD Catalog
- Note: updated major and minor requirements become active each Fall term.
- An *asterisk next to the title of a major or minor, indicate a program update is in process.
Current students can use the catalog search tool to review your Major/Catalog year requirements: Archived Major & Minor plans.
Pursuing a Swenson College major offers:
- Interactive learning, internship and research opportunities
- Ability to personalize your program of study with a major and minor or double major
- Build your academic and personal foundation toward employment, graduate programs or professional school in Dentistry, Optometry, Pharmacy, Medicine or Veterinary Medicine
Prospective students in science or engineering start here to research majors and minors; then begin the application process with UMD Admissions.
- Undeclared Majors in SCSE
- Professional School Preparation (Medicine, Dentistry, Optometry, Pharmacy, Veterinary Medicine) PDF
The 3+2 articulation agreement between UW LaCrosse & UMD for students entering UMD Engineering programs listed:
- Students major in Physics for three years at UW La Crosse then transfer to one of Swenson College Engineering programs
- Engineering programs options are: Electrical Engineering BSEE, Civil Engineering BSCE, Industrial Engineering BSIE, and Mechanical Engineering BSME.
- Students complete the final two years at UMD.
- Upon graduation, students will earn a B.S. in Physics from UW La Crosse and an B.S. in their chosen engineering discipline from UMD.