Faculty Job Opportunities
The Swenson College of Science and Engineering is seeking to fill multiple tenure-line faculty positions for Fall 2022. We seek teacher-scholars in the following departments:
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical and Industrial Engineering
- Physics and Astronomy.
Please see https://z.umn.edu/scsecareers for more information. Successful applicants are expected to establish collaborative, externally funded and nationally recognized research programs that engage students as well as contribute to graduate and undergraduate teaching, advising, and mentoring that supports diversity and inclusion and a commitment to justice. The University of Minnesota Duluth values of justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion are essential to achieving excellence, and we are especially interested in recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty to maintain excellence, and to offer students richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of knowing and learning.
We strongly encourage scholars that are women, Indigenous, LGBTQIA+, Black, Latinx, Asian American, Hawaiian/Island Pacific, mixed race, and disabled to apply. We favor candidates who can contribute to the College's distinctive educational objectives, which promote interdisciplinary perspectives, intercultural understanding, with social responsibility and the ethical implications of knowledge and action. We recognize that excellence in teaching and research form the basis for all successful candidates. To that end, we are implementing an anonymized search process.
How to Apply
- See https://z.umn.edu/scsecareers for a description of the application steps.
- Applications are submitted through the University of Minnesota HR portal.
- Search for the job id for the position for which you are applying (Biology: 343775; Computer Science: 343782; Electrical Engineering: 343777; Mechanical & Industrial Engineering: 343784; Physics & Astronomy: 343785).
- Applications must include four documents: an anonymized research and teaching statement; a statement that demonstrates a commitment to justice, equity, inclusion, and a diverse student population; a curriculum vita; and a list of four professional references.
The University of Minnesota Duluth (UMD) campus is part of the University of Minnesota public university system and is the second largest research university within the U of M system. UMD is a comprehensive university of about 11,000 students located along the shores of Lake Superior. The Duluth campus is affiliated with the University of Minnesota College of Pharmacy and School of Medicine, and is home to the Natural Resources Research Institute, the Large Lakes Observatory, and the Advanced Materials Center. Duluth is also the site of a major US EPA Research Laboratory.
UMD is committed to supporting our colleagues. The University of Minnesota has a robust policy for opportunity hires for partners. Parental leaves and on-campus child care are available. The Swenson College has a mentoring program to facilitate professional success. Swenson College Howard Higholt Professorships are also available to support outstanding tenure-track faculty who are committed to creating a more inclusive and equitable institution.