You are here
Welcome to UMD and Swenson College!
Swenson College admits new freshman and transfer students each term. Prior to the beginning of the first semester, students are required to attend an Advisement and Registration session. This program is coordinated through the Office for Students in Transition.
Swenson College professional advisors and faculty advisors look forward to working with each of you during Advisement and Registration (A&R). We recognize students beginning their first term at UMD are at different starting points.
To help you prepare please review these resources:
- Advanced Placement Credit Awards (AP)
- Air Force ROTC
- Athletics Practice Schedule
- Athletics, Sports, and Recreation
- College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
- Foreign Language Placement
- Honors Program
- International Baccalaureate Credit Awards (IB)
- Mathematics Groups and Course Placement
- Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC)
- Music Ensemble Times Fall 2017
- Preparation Standard Deficiencies - How to Fulfill
- Supportive Services Program
- Transfer Credit
- Liberal Education Program Requirements
- UMD Catalog: Major/Minor Requirements
Students who have completed college-level credit through Post Secondary Education, College in the Schools programs, Advanced Placement or other college coursework should submit the following to UMD Admissions:
- Advanced Placement test scores sent directly from the College Board (Advanced Placement).
- An “Official Transcript” sent directly from the college/university that awarded the course/credits. (This cannot be done by a high school.)
- An updated transcript should be submitted with final grades if the initial submission lists courses as “In Progress”.
Submitting official transcripts and scores in advance will provide information needed for appropriate course placement during advisement.
After the first term, students will meet with their assigned faculty or professional advisor to discuss course selection and then will register for courses on their own through the web registration system. Students are welcome to come to Swenson College Advising and Academic Services office with questions. We are here to help. Additional information is found in the Registration Policies and Procedures Guide.