You are here
UMD created the Unit Staff Awards to recognize exceptional service in leadership on the job, customer focus, and quality of service. Performance that merits the award reflects a high level of dedication to the University, campus, unit, and department.
SCSE consistently has a strong turnout of very thoughtful nominations and we encourage people to continue in this effort. In addition to accolades, recipients receive a $250 cash award.
A link to the nomination form will be posted here when available. Award winners are chosen twice a year during the spring and fall semesters.
SCSE AWARD RECIPIENTS
- Julie DeRoche, Executive Office and Administrative Specialist, Chemical Engineering Department
- Nick Lamon, Research Professional 3, Biology Department
- Rual Lee, Captain, Large Lakes Observatory
- Michael Plante, Lab Services Coordinator, Mechanical and Industrial Engineering Department
- Sanna Shields, Executive Office and Administrative Specialist, Civil Engineering Department
- Patty Sutliff-Opoien, Finance Professional 2, Chemistry and Biochemistry Department
- Valerie Coit, Communications Specialist, SCSE Dean's Office
- Cindy Gustafson, Executive Secretary, Mathematics & Statistics Department
- Mae Siljendahl, Executive Office and Administrative Specialist, SCSE Dean's Office
- Kim Becker, Graduate Program Coordinator, Mechanical & Industrial Engineering Department
- Dawna Carlberg, Executive Secretary, Chemistry & Biochemistry Department
- Michele Hatcher, Advising Director/Associate to the Dean, SCSE Advising & Academic Services
- Barb Sydow, Accountant, Civil Engineering and Mechanical & Industrial Engineering Departments
- Kathy Stewart, Sr. Office & Administration Service Supervisor, Biology Department
- Lyndon Ramrattan, Lab Services Coordinator, Chemical Engineering Department