Swenson College of Science and Engineering values connecting with our students, especially during a time that requires social-distancing and reduced in-person contact.
- SCSE Advising continues to answer phone calls at +1 218-726-7585
- General advising questions, email: [email protected]
Advising & Registration Guide
This online Advising Guide is available when you need it. Review registration information below and learn how to get connected with your department or individual advisor. Watch for an email from your department or advisor with direction
- Faculty Advisors and SCSE Professional Advising are ready to advise using in person group meetings or individual appointments. Watch for directions; some may offer a virtual meeting via Zoom
- Advisor name is located in your MyU or listed at the top of APAS.
- If you have recently changed your college to SCSE or your major and need an advisor assignment, please come to Montague Hall 107 for assistance.
Registration Dates & Deadlines
- UMD Registration Dates and Stages
- Check your UMD email for the individual date and time you register
or view your date and time; MyU > Academics > Registration
- Cancel/add and refund deadlines
Advising & Registration Step 1 | Preparing for Registration
Check for Holds
Holds are added to student records for academic, judicial or financial reasons. Check your MyU to view holds
Click onto the hold to read information and learn how to resolve it
SCSE Hold Codes that prevent registration
- PJ: SCSE Advising meeting required
- P1: Academic Probation level 1
- P2: Academic Probation level 2
- P3: Program Suspension
Records and Registration Holds Policy
- Athletic, Immunization, Financial (HB), Parking, Student Conduct, Unreturned Keys, Covid Attestation (AG2)
Advising & Registration Step 2| Review and use key student resources
Prepare a plan before your meeting
- APAS (Academic Progress Audit System): Review your degree audit before and after registration.
- Generate a "What if" APAS to view minor or major options in any college
- UMD Catalog all current majors and minor requirements
- UMD Catalog Search: View major and minor requirements according to the catalog year shown in your APAS.
- Course prerequisites: know what is required before you can enroll in a course.
- Two for One Grid: SCSE major/minor courses that also satisfy UMD Liberal Education requirements
- Use the Class Schedule when planning your degree requirements and to learn about course modalities
- Record your choices using the Course Registration Planning Worksheet
- Include both first choice and second choice course options when planning
New to UMD and Swenson College of Science and Engineering? Review REG 101
View Pre-Advising slides and general advising timeframe aligned with your department. The following slides have general information and will be updated.
- Chemistry Biochemistry
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Geological Science and Environmental Science
- Mathematics & Statistics and Actuarial Science
- Mechanical and Industrial Engineering (presentation)
- Physics and Engineering Physics
- Undeclared Science and Engineering
Advising & Registration Step 3 | Scheduling Advising Appointments
Faculty Advised SCSE students- Watch for an email from your advisor or department with information for the best way to connect
Swenson advised by SCSE's Professional Advising Committee may schedule an advising appointment with:
- Anna Greshowak (Advisor: agresh.appointments.umn.edu
- Anna-Marie Zaidi (Advisor): amzaidi.appointments.umn.edu
- "G" Genia Lemonedes (Advisor): DrG.appointments.umn.edu
Pharmacy 3+4 questions? Schedule an appointment with:
- Michele Hatcher (SCSE Advising Director): mhatcher.appointment calendar or come to Montague Hall 107 for assistance.
Advising & Registration Step 4 | Attend group advising (and/or) Individual advisor meeting
- Watch for an email from your department or individual advisor with directions
- Confirm your registration plan with your advisor during your meeting
- Load your shopping cart: MyU > Academics > Registration > Summer 2022 and/or Fall 2022
Registration Step 5 | Course Registration
Refer to UMD's How to Guides and Registration Guidelines
Register at your designated date and time: MyU > Academics > Registration > Register Shopping Cart >
- recheck your courses prior to registration (modality, open/waitlisted/full)
- register for open courses (no other option? waitlist)
- confirm how your registered courses satisfy degree requirements in APAS
Don't forget course textbooks, how to: https://umdstores.com/SelectTermDept
Registration Help | Additional Resources
SCSE Advising office Virtual Advising drop-in (answers to quick questions or concerns)
Best wishes for a productive and enjoyable advising and registration cycle!
UPDATED for Spring 23 Registration cycle