Swenson College of Science and Engineering values connecting with our students, especially during a time that requires social-distancing and the suspension of in-person contact.
- SCSE Advising continues to answer phone calls at +1 218-726-7585
- General advising questions, email: [email protected]
Virtual Advising Guide
This online Advising Guide is available when you need it.
Please review the registration information below and the best way to get connected with your department or individual advisor.
- Faculty Advisors and SCSE Professional Advising are ready to advise using in person group meetings or individual appointments. Watch for directions; some may offer a virtual meeting via Zoom
- Advisor name is located in your MyU or listed at the top of APAS.
Spring 22 Registration Dates & Deadlines
- UMD Registration Dates and Stages
- October 11: Check your UMD email for the individual date and time you register
or view your date and time; MyU>Academics:>Registration
- Cancel/add and refund deadlines (Fall 21 courses)
Advising & Registration Step 1 | Preparing for Registration
Watch for an email from your department or advisor with direction (no less than two weeks before Nov. 8)
View Pre-Advising slides and general advising timeframe aligned with your department
- Chemistry Biochemistry
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Geological Science and Environmental Science
- Mathematics & Statistics and Actuarial Science
- Mechanical and Industrial Engineering (presentation) and (Videorecording)
- Physics and Engineering Physics
- Undeclared Science and Engineering
Advising & Registration Step 2| Review and use key student resources
Prepare your plan before your meeting
- APAS (Academic Progress Audit System): Review your degree audit before and after registration.
- Generate a "What if" APAS to view minor or major options in any college
- UMD Catalog all current majors and minor requirements
- UMD Catalog Search: View major and minor requirements according to the catalog year shown in your APAS.
- Two for One Grid: SCSE major/minor courses that also satisfy UMD Liberal Education requirements
- Use the Class Schedule when planning your degree requirements and to learn about course modalities
- Record your choices using the Course Registration Planning Worksheet
- Include both first choice and second choice course options when planning
New to UMD Fall 20, Spring 21 or Fall 21? Review REG 101
Advising & Registration Step 3 | Scheduling Virtual Appointments
- Faculty Advised SCSE students- Watch for an email from your advisor or department with information for the best way to connect
- Considering a change in major or college? Schedule an appointment with:
Michele Hatcher (SCSE Advising Director): mhatcher.appointment calendar
- Swenson students assigned to SCSE's Professional Advising Committee schedule an advising appointment with
- Kate Meisner (SCSE Advisor): kmeisner.appointments.umn.edu
- Anna-Marie Zaidi (SCSE Advisor): amzaidi.appointments.umn.edu
- Kevin Dunn (SCSE Advisor): kdunn.appointments.umn.edu
Advising & Registration Step 4 | Attend group advising (and/or) Individual advisor meeting
- Watch for an email from your department or individual advisor with directions
- Confirm your registration plan with your advisor during your meeting
- Load your shopping cart: MyU> Academics>Registration>Spring 2022
Registration Step 5 | Course Registration
Register at your designated date and time: MyU > Academics > Registration > Enroll > Spring 2022
- recheck your courses prior to registration (modality, open/waitlisted/full)
- register for open courses (no other option? waitlist)
- confirm how your registered courses satisfy degree requirements in APAS
Don't forget course textbooks, how to: https://umdstores.com/SelectTermDept
Registration Help | Additional Resources
SCSE Advising office Virtual Advising drop-in (answers to quick questions or concerns)
Monday- Thursday Meeting ID: 892 005 7030 & Passcode: SCSEadv1
- Monday (10 am - 12pm)
- Tuesday (1 pm - 3pm)
- Wednesday (10 am - 12pm)
- Thursday (2 pm - 4pm)
Finish your Fall term strong and be sure to relax during the break!
Best wishes for a productive and enjoyable advising and registration cycle!
UPDATED for Spring 22 Registration cycle