Connect with your peers
The UMD Sustainability Living & Learning Community brings together first-year students that care about Sustainability to live together in a traditional residence hall community, take classes together, and participate in sustainability-related programming and community outreach activities.
Who can be a part of the Sustainability Living & Learning Community?
Any first-year student from across campus with an interest in sustainability can apply to join!
What can you do as part of the Sustainability LLC?
- Move into the 7th floor of Lake Superior hall a day early and enjoy living on a floor with an awesome view of Lake Superior
- Live in a community with other first-year students who value sustainability and sustainable living
- Connect with student clubs focused on sustainable agriculture, green energy, outdoor recreation, and more
- Volunteer with community organizations and learn about sustainable food systems
- Interact with faculty to learn more about sustainability-related majors on campus
- Take classes together that fulfill requirements for sustainability and natural science liberal education credits
- Develop friendships that can last a lifetime
How do you join?
If you are interested in joining the Sustainability LLC, please check the box on the UMD housing application. You can find out more about this and other LLCs via the Housing & Residence Life website.
There is no additional cost to participate in the Sustainability LLC.
Space is limited so submit your application early to improve your chances of participating.