Swenson College Professional Advisors and Staff
Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
[email protected] or 218-726-7585
Swenson College's professional advising staff assists with your questions from orientation to graduation. Advising is an important part of academic success. It allows you to build a relationship with an adviser and get answers to your questions about courses, majors, minors, careers, internships, study abroad programs, student activities, and anything else you may need to know. Visit our Virtual Advising Guide for registration information.
Advising is Ongoing
Professional advisors in SCSE are ready to meet with you starting your first day at UMD, through graduation. We are located in Montague Hall 107.
- By appointment
- Drop-in meeting in person
- Virtual appointment via Zoom
Virtual drop-in advising meetings via Zoom:
Monday- Thursday Meeting ID: 892 005 7030 & Passcode: SCSEadv1
- Monday (10 am - 12pm)
- Tuesday (1 pm - 3pm)
- Wednesday (10 am - 12pm)
- Thursday (2 pm - 4pm)
Student Individual Appointments Via Zoom:
Michele Hatcher (Director): mhatcher.appointment calendar
- Change of college and Dual Degree
Swenson College of Science and Engineering Professional Advisors
- Kate Meisner (Advisor): kmeisner.appointments.umn.edu
- Anna-Marie Zaidi (Advisor): amzaidi.appointments.umn.edu
- Kevin Dunn (Advisor): kdunn.appointments.umn.edu
Faculty Advised SCSE students:
Your advisor is listed in APAS or MyU. You can look up their contact information in their department's faculty directory. For links to each department, visit the SCSE homepage.
- New first-year students and transfer students not yet assigned a faculty advisor should set a time to meet with an SCSE professional advisor. Please use the links above.