Faculty Mentoring Program
You are here
All current faculty mentors who would like to participate in the SCSE Faculty Mentoring Program needed to attend one of three introductory training sessions held in March.
You cannot initiate or continue your formal mentor relationships unless you have met this requirement.
In addition, this training session should have been taken by any other faculty member at any rank who would like to enter into an SCSE mentoring relationship as the mentor (available to all lecturers who have been employed at UMD continuously for the previous five years, and all Associate and Full Professors).
Mentor/Mentee teams must attend two additional training sessions coming up.
April 2018 Effective communication and conflict management
- April 19 1:00 -2:30 3rd Floor Malosky
- April 20 9:00 -10:30 3rd Floor Malosky
May 2018 Communicating across differences
- May 1 10:30-12:00 347 MWAH
- May 3 1:00-2:30 Garden Room
Training Schedule: Academic Year 2018-2019
In academic year 2018-2019, we will schedule training every other month on selected topics such as:
- Self-reflection on your career goals and what you need to do to get there
- What does work-life balance mean and how can we achieve it?
- Core principles of evaluation - learning from your mistakes
- How to be an effective graduate and undergraduate academic advisor
- How to recognize the impostor syndrome and overcome it
- Building a publishing pipeline