Faculty Mentoring Program
You are here
Training Schedule: Spring Semester 2018
Introduction to the SCSE Mentoring Program and Mentor/Mentee training offered three times:
- Friday March 9th 1:00-2:30 Griggs
- Monday March 12th 9:00-10:30 Griggs
- Thursday March 15th 12:00-1:30 Griggs
All current faculty mentors who would like to participate in the SCSE Faculty Mentoring Program are required to attend one of these training sessions.You will not be permitted to initiate or continue your formal mentor relationships until this requirement is fulfilled.
In addition, this training session should be taken by any other faculty member at any rank who would like to enter into an SCSE mentoring relationship as the mentor (available to all lecturers who have been employed at UMD continuously for the previous five years, and all Associate and Full Professors).
In spring 2018, Mentor/Mentee teams must attend two additional training sessions.
April 2018 Effective communication
- April dates and location TBA
May 2018 Unconscious bias
- May 1 10:30-12:00 location TBA
- May 3 1:00-2:30 location TBA
Training Schedule: Academic Year 2018-2019
In academic year 2018-2019, we will schedule training every other month on selected topics such as:
- August 2018 - Self-reflection on your career goals and what you need to do to get there
- October 2018 - What does work-life balance mean and how can we achieve it?
- December 2018 - Core principles of evaluation - learning from your mistakes
- January 2019- How to be an effective graduate and undergraduate academic advisor
- March 2019 - How to recognize the impostor syndrome and overcome it
- May 2019 - Building a publishing pipeline