Faculty Mentoring Program
You are here
All current faculty mentors who would like to participate in the SCSE Faculty Mentoring Program needed to attend one of two introductory training sessions held in September, unless you have already attended this training.
You cannot initiate or continue your formal mentor relationships unless you have met this requirement.
In addition, this training session should have been taken by any other faculty member at any rank who would like to enter into an SCSE mentoring relationship as the mentor (available to all lecturers who have been employed at UMD continuously for the previous five years, and all Associate and Full Professors).
The introductory training will be offered at the following times:
- September 24 3:00 -4:30 Griggs Center
- September 25 8:30 -10:00 Griggs Center
- October 3 1:00 - 2:30 Garden Room
New Mentor/Mentee teams must attend at least two additional training sessions coming up. Continuing teams must attend one training session per year.
Upcoming training sessions:
- Nov 6 at 9:30 am - 11:00 am: Micro-aggression, micro-resistance and ally development, Malosky Club Lounge
- Nov 7 at 1:30 pm - 3:00 pm: Micro-aggression, micro-resistance and ally development, Garden Room