You are here
Since September 5, 2017
Scanning Electron Microscope
- Internal users: $31.87/hr**
- Basic user training $168.80/session (Up to 2 new users can be trained per session.)
Powder X-ray Diffractometer
- Internal users: $12.66/hr
- Basic user training $65.19/session (Up to 2 new users can be trained per session.)
Confocal Laser Scanning Microscope
- Internal users: Free for academic use (without involving business entities)
- Business-related use including consulting work by UMD researchers: External rate applies. Contact the RIL manager (RIL@d.umn.edu).
Carbon Coater & Gold Coater
- Internal users: Free as long as users operate the equipment.
- Basic user training $52.53/session (Up to 2 new users can be trained per session.)
- Carbon coating / Gold coating assistance $13.13/batch (Done by the RIL manager. Possible to prepare multiple samples per batch.)
For sample preparation, instrument set-up, sample analysis and report generation by the RIL manager.
- Internal users: $52.53/hr
** A discount may apply for SEM users who use automatic analysis (MLA, elemental mapping or EBSD) during off-peak hours (5pm-8am). Consult the RIL manager.
For the external rates (non-UMD customers), please contact the RIL manager (RIL@d.umn.edu).