Meetings with the Dean
Each semester the SCSE Dean will hold meetings separately with faculty at different ranks.
Sometimes the Dean will use a part of this time to convey information that is relevant to the SCSE faculty experience. However, another important motivation for the Dean's meetings is to facilitate communication between faculty and the college administration. This meeting provides faculty with a venue to ask questions about all aspects of SCSE and provide feedback to the administration.
To take full advantage of this opportunity, faculty should compile a list of topics such as:
- Common discussion points among faculty where there seems to be a lack of clarity or transparency about research, teaching and service responsibilities
- Issues concerning promotion
- The college budget
- New initiatives and policies at the college level
- Facilities for research and teaching
- Opportunities for leadership training and involvement