You are here
What To Bring
LSYS participants will be spending three nights in a UMD residence hall.
The cost of the conference is $200 which includes a double room, requiring a roommate. Just let us know on your registration form if you have a preference for a roommate. Otherwise, you may be assigned an appropriate person to share a room.
For $260, you can request a single room.
These same details apply to both participants and chaperones.
Parents attending the event with their children can request to room together, otherwise chaperones will be assigned different rooms.
What to Bring
UMD Housing will supply each guest with: a fitted sheet, flat sheet, blanket, pillow, one towel and one washcloth.
If you need a room that is accessible, please give us advanced notice.
Note the following when packing:
- A larger beach towel or robe for more coverage to and from the bathroom.
- Toiletries - Shampoo and soap are not provided.
- There is no air conditioning but the temps should not require a fan.
- A refillable water bottle to use throughout the conference
- Laundry machines are available but bring your own laundry soap.
- Flip flops are great for showering.
- Refrigerator is available in case you need to store medicines or want to bring your own snacks. Keep in mind there are vending machines and places to buy food on campus, too.
- No microwaves are available in the residence hall.
- Closed toe shoes - especially if you plan to ride bike, rock climb or play basketball at our rec center.
- Sunscreen as you may spend a lot of time outdoors on Friday and Saturday.
- Rain gear. Duluth can be wet this time of year so plan accordingly as many of our outdoor activities are rain or shine.
- Clothing layers. Spring temps can really fluctuate, so be sure to pack some warm layers.