UMD physics will be hosting a session of the Particle Physics International Master Class www.physicsmasterclasses.org.
Who: High school students interested in a physics data experience. High school physics experience is not required.
When: 9AM to 4PM Saturday 25 March 2023
Location: If possible, in person at UM Duluth. By zoom option may be available if needed.
Cost: Free (Supported by NSF)
In this masterclass, we will do the following:
- Learn about MINERvA and particle physics
- Make a measurement of how neutrinos interact with the atomic nucleus
- Pool your results together to get a bigger sample
- Discuss results with peers via videoconference with another group
- Get a virtual tour of a neutrino experiment and ask questions of a scientist at Fermilab.
Send an e-mail to [email protected] to be added to an e-mail interest list. We will send back to your e-mail address the final details, registration when it is set up, and what to bring, so check it occasionally between now and late March.
Hosted jointly with Fermilab and one other university. UMD physics department will be doing the MINERvA Neutrino Masterclass. Updated Link to the 2023 class coming soon.