You are here
Dr. Carlos Carranza-Torres
- PhD. in Geo-Engineering (1998). Department of Civil Engineering, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities Campus, USA.
- MSc. in Engineering Geology (1994). Engineering Geology Department, ITC Delft, The Netherlands.
- BSc. in Civil Engineering (1992). Facultad de Ingeniería, Universidad Nacional del Nordeste, Argentina.
Academic & Industry Experience:
- Professor of Geotechnical Engineering. University of Minnesota, Duluth Campus (UMD). (2018 - present)
- Associate Professor of Geotechnical Engineering. University of Minnesota, Duluth Campus (UMD). 2008-2018.
- Teaching Specialist of Rock Mechanics (2005-2008). Department of Civil Engineering, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities Campus.
- Geotechnical Engineering Consultant. 1998-2008 (and occasionally, during summer breaks, since 2008). Involved in excavation design and analysis for civil engineering and mining engineering projects in US and overseas. Consulting companies worked for include SRK Consulting (Australia, Chile, Peru, South Africa, Sweden, UK, US offices); Geodata SPa (Italy office); Golder Associates (Canada); Arup (Australia, US, Hong-Kong offices); Federal Commision of Electricity Mexico (Mexico); Intecsa-Inarsa (Spain); Itasca (USA) and others.
Analytical and Numerical Modeling in Geotechnical Engineering. Design of Underground and Surface Excavations. Engineering Geology. Rock Mechanics.