You are here
Dr. Ted Ozersky Ph.D.
- University of Waterloo, PhD
- University of Waterloo, BSc
Effects of environmental change on nutrient dynamics, food webs and community structure in large lakes.
Winter and under-ice ecology of large lakes.
Food web structure and contaminant trophodynamics.
- Hampton S E, Moore MV, Ozersky T, Stanley EH, Polashenski CM, Galloway AW. 2015. Heating up a cold subject: prospects for under-ice plankton research in lakes. Journal of Plankton Research 37: 277-284
- Ozersky T, Evans DO, Ginn BK. 2015. Invasive mussels modify the cycling, storage and distribution of nutrients and carbon in a large lake. Freshwater Biology 60: 827-843
- Katz SL, Izmest'eva LR, Hampton SE, Ozersky T, Shchapov K, Moore MV, Shimaraeva SV. Silow EA. 2015. The “Melosira years” of Lake Baikal: Winter environmental conditions at ice onset predict under-ice algal blooms in spring. Limnology and Oceanography. doi: 10.1002/lno.10143
- Hampton SE, Grey DK, Izmest’eva LR, Moore MV, Ozersky T, 2014. The rise and fall of plankton: long-term changes in the vertical distribution of algae and grazers in Lake Baikal, Siberia. PLOS ONE 9(2), e88920
- Ozersky T, Barton DR, Hecky RE, Guildford SJ., 2013. Dreissenid mussels enhance benthic surface area, nutrient efflux and primary production in shallow littoral region of a large lake. Biological Invasions 15: 2799-2810
- Poste AE, Ozersky T, 2013. Dreissenid mussels and round gobies: A novel benthic pathway for the trophic transfer of microcystin. Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry 32: 2159-2164.
- Ozersky T, Barton DR, Evans DO. 2012. Invasive mussels alter the littoral food web of a large lake: stable isotopes reveal drastic shifts in sources and flow of energy. PLOS ONE 7(12): e51249
- Rennie MD, Ozersky T, Evans DO. 2012. Effects of formalin preservation on invertebrate stable isotope values over decadal time scales. Canadian Journal of Zoology 90: 1320–1327.
- Ozersky T, Barton DR, Evans DO. 2011. Fourteen years of dreissenid presence in the rocky littoral zone of a large lake: effects on macroinvertebrate abundance and diversity. Journal of the North American Benthological Society 30: 913–922.
- Ozersky T, Barton DR, Depew DC, Hecky RE, Guildford SJ. 2011. Effects of water movement on the distribution of invasive dreissenid mussels in Lake Simcoe, Ontario. Journal of Great Lakes Research 37, Supplement 3: 46–54.
- Depew DC, Houben AJ, Ozersky T, Hecky RE, Guildford SJ. 2011. Submerged aquatic vegetation in Cook’s Bay, Lake Simcoe: assessment of changes in response to increased water transparency. Journal of Great Lakes Research 37, Supplement 3: 72–82.
- Ozersky T, Malkin SY, Barton DR, Hecky RE. 2009. Dreissenid phosphorous excretion can sustain C. glomerata growth along a portion of Lake Ontario shoreline. Journal of Great Lakes Research 35: 321–328.
Current Graduate Student Projects
- Audrey Huff, (M.S., Integrated Biosciences)
- Elizabeth McKay, (M.S., Integrated Biosciences)
- Krill Shchapov, (Ph.D., WRS)
- John Zalusky, (M.S., Integrated Biosciences)