You are here
Dr. Paul Bates
- B.S., 1990, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Ph.D., 2000, University of Wisconsin - Madison
Research and Teaching Interests
Science Education, Plant Biology and Molecular Genetics
- Wuerzberger-Davis, D.M., Chen, Y., Yang, D.T., Kearns, J.D., Bates, P.W., et. al. (2011) Nuclear export of the NF-KB inhibitor IKBd is required for proper B cell and secondary lymphoid tissue formation. Immunity 34(2): 188-200.
- Bates, P.W. and Miyamoto, S. (2004) Expanded nuclear roles for IKBs. Science STKE 254: pe48.
- Gillian-Daniel, D.L., Bates, P.W., Tebon, A., and Attie, A.D. (2002) Endoplasmic reticulum localization of the low-density lipoprotein receptor mediates presecretory degradation of apolipoprotein B. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 99: 4337-4342.
- Bates, P.W. and Vierstra, R.D. (1999) UPL1 and 2, two 405 kDa ubiquitin-protein ligases from Arabidopsis thaliana related to the HECT-domain protein family. Plant J. 20: 183-195.
- Jensen, J.P., Bates, P.W., Yang, M., Vierstra, R.D., and Weissman, A.M. (1995) Identification of a family of closely related human ubiquitin conjugating enzymes. J. Biol. Chem. 270: 30408-30414.
- Paerl, H.W., Fogel, M.L., Bates, P.W., et al. (1995) Is there a link between atmospheric nitrogen deposition and eutrophication in coastal water? In K. L. Dyer (ed.), Changes in Fluxes in Estuaries: Implications for Science and Management. Olsen and Olsen, Copenhagen. pp. 197-202.
Biol 1001 Biology and Society
Biol 1012 General Biology II
Biol 2001 Our Food: Science and Sustainability
Biol 2110 Fundamentals of Cell and Molecular Biology
Biol 2201 Genetics
Biol 4604 Plant Physiology
Biol 5001 Teaching and Learning in the Sciences
Biol 5839 Coral Reef Field Studies
Hiking, camping, paddling, fishing, sailing, running, and woodworking.