You are here
Dr. Joanne Itami Ph.D
- B.S., 1978, College of Idaho, Biology B.S. and Human Ecology B.S.
- M.S. 1984, Northern Arizona University, Biology
- Ph.D. 1988, Northern Arizona University, Zoology
Evolutionary Ecology; Herbivore response to genetic variation in host plant; Herbivore response to geographic variation; Behavior, Speciation, three-trophic level Interactions
- Craig, T.P., A. Livingston-Anderson, and J.K. Itami. 2019. A small-tiled geographic mosaic of coevolution between Eurosta solidaginis and its natural enemies and host plant. Ecosphere. In review.
- Sakata,Y., T. Craig, J. Itami, M. Ikemoto, S. Utsumi and T. Ohgushi. 2018. Evolutionary and environmental effects on the geographical adaptation of herbivory resistance in native and introduced Solidago altissima populations. Evolutionary Ecology 32:1-13.
- Sakata, Y., T. Craig, J. Itami, M. Yamasaki, and T. Ohgushi. 2017. Parallel environmental factors drive variation in insect density and plant resistance in the native and invaded ranges. Ecology 98: DOI: 10.1002/ecy.1978
- Helmberger, MS, T.P. Craig, and J.K. Itami 2016. Solidago altissima water stress increases oviposition preference and oviposition performance of the herbivorous lace bug Corythucha marmorata. Entomologia Experimentalis et Applicata 160: 1-10.
- Sakata, Y., J. Itami, Y. Isagi, T Ohgushi. 2015. Multiple and mass introductions from limited origins: genetic diversity and structure of Solidago altissima in the native and invaded range. Journal of Plant Research 28:909-921
- Craig, T. P., J. K. Itami, M. D. Dixon, and T. R. Hams. 2012. Indirect evolutionary interactions in a multitrophic interaction. Trait-mediated Indirect Interactions: Ecological and Evolutionary Perspectives. Pages 244-256 in T. Ohgushi, O. Schmitz, and R. D. Holt eds. Cambridge University Press.
- Craig, T. P., T. Ohgushi, J. K. Itami, Y. Ando, and S. Utsumi. 2011. Bridges and barriers to herbivory resulting from host plant genotypic variation. Journal of Plant Interactions 6:141-146.
- Ando, Y. S. Utsumi, T. P. Craig, J.K. Itami and T. Ohgushi. 2011. How are arthropod communities organized on an introduced plant Solidago altissima? Journal of Plant Interactions 6:169-171.
- Craig, T. P. and J. K. Itami. 2011. Divergence of Eurosta solidaginis in response to host plant variation and natural enemies. Evolution: 65(3):802-817
- BIOL 1001 Biology and Society
- BIOL 1011 General Biology I
- BIOL 1087 Freshman Seminar: Darwinian Medicine
- BIOL 2410 Ecology and Evolution
- BIOL 3701 Animal Diversity
- BIOL 3987 Communication in Biology
- BIOL 3802 Evolution
Married to Tim Craig, 1984. Children: Linda and Paul
Hobbies: Scientific illustration; hiking; Nordic skiing; violin; sumi-e