You are here

Faculty & Staff Resources

Biology Department

General Information

Office Info:

Lab Staff Info: 

UMD Mail Room



Travel/Expense Reimbursement Form (UM)


How to Access your Grants & Start-up Reports

Using the University P-Card

Examples of Allowable and Unallowable PCard Purchases

UM Procurement Card (PCard) Training and Application:  "Using the University Pcard" training module; access via Ulearn

UMD UROP website

UM UROP website


Faculty Information - Appointment

Faculty Information - Promotion & Tenure


Appendix 1.7 for 2017-18  for FIR (SCSE Form)

Form 25  - Appraisals of Probationary Faculty (UM form)

Promotion & Tenure Consideration Form  (SCSE Form) – Complete in September

Teaching Evaluation Agreement - 2018-19 (SCSE Form) – Complete in September

Resources & Policy:

Biology Statement  (approved 12/15/2011)

FIR Guidelines  (SCSE)

Faculty Tenure Policy (UM & VCAA)

Probationary Faculty Appraisal Process (SCSE)

Protocol for Peer Evaluations (VCAA)

Personnel: Hiring & Payroll


Traveling for University Business


Travel/Expense Reimbursement Form (UM-1612.xls)


Using the PCard for Travel:

YES – airfare and car rental

NO – lodging and travel meals

Registering International Travel for University Business

All travel by employees (faculty and staff) for University purposes outside of the United States must be registered in advance. Trip information will be managed centrally, so that University pre-travel assistance can be provided, as well as timely assistance in the event of an in-country crisis (e.g., military action, natural disaster).

Steps to Follow:

Step 1:
Visit to register your travel. You will be prompted to log in using the x.500 and provide basic travel details including destination, dates, and emergency contact.

Step 2:
After registering your travel you will have the option to review the valuable travel resources including travel discounts, travel funding, and insurance information. You may also choose to manage travel documents including passport copies and itinerary details. You will have access to these materials before, during and after your travel.

“Fly America” Requirement

According to federal regulations, if you travel using federal project funds, you must use a U.S. flag air carrier if service provided by such a carrier is "available." This rule applies to air transportation to, from, between, or within a country other than the U.S. Under the law, U.S. flag air carrier service is considered "available" even if:

  • Comparable or a different kind of service can be provided at less cost by a foreign-flag air carrier;
  • Foreign flag air carrier service is preferred or is more convenient;
  • Service by a foreign flag air carrier can be paid for in excess foreign currency.

For more information, refer to the University of Minnesota Travel Services Fly America Act Regulations website.