Faculty Mentoring Program
You are here
Department Head meetings with mentoring teams can avert problems and maintain accountability.
- Establish, coordinate, and supervise mentoring teams within their respective department.
- Attend a mentor training session (Schedule).
- Provide advice to mentees about selecting appropriate mentors (List of trained mentors available from the Dean's office).
- Meet with mentoring teams annually to reconfirm their mentoring agreement (Forms).
- Review annual goals prepared by mentoring teams and maintain records in the Departmental office (Forms).
- Introduce the mentoring program to new faculty hires and explain how a mentoring team is formed (Core components).
- Proactively monitor the effectiveness of mentoring teams and mediate as necessary when relationships are dysfunctional (Suggestions).