You are here
Check out the pictures taken by local astonomers from the Arrowhead Astronomical Society here
- Basics of CCD Imaging: This short page is designed to give some simple background on the technology used to take these images. It is intended for the non-technical viewer.
- Advice for Beginners: Looking to take up astronomical imaging as a hobby? This page has a few basic "dos and do nots" for the brave souls that wish to venture into this hobby.
- A Guide to Astrophotography: A page with tons of resources relating to astrophotography. Definitely worth perusing. (Thanks, Katey).
- Equipment and Processing: Brief discussion of the hardware and software that Bill uses to produce these images plus links to the manufacturers of these products.
- LRGB Technique: This older tutorial provides a step-by-step tutorial on using PhotoShop to perform the LRGB color image techniqu
- Focus Techniques: Also a bit dated (from a 1999 lecture) but this gives a good background for understanding focus.
- Tpoint and Image Link: The instructions for using Tpoint with Image Link in TheSky are not so hot so here are some instructions written for humans! (For TheSky V5.X)
- ImageReady Tutorials: From a 2004 presentation at the AIC conference. These extensive tutorials detail how to use ImageReady to do Rollovers, Image Maps, and More!