You are here
GAC staff can provide many GIS services and assistance in the classroom or in research projects.
Geospatial Analysis Center staff can provide many GIS services and assistance in the classroom or in research projects. The role of the Center's staff in contracted services may include project design, identification of system and data needs, data acquisition, budget estimates, or oversight of a project. Data storage and hardware checkout is available.
The Center is also a resource for technological advancement information in the fields of remote sensing, geographic data analysis, and global positioning systems. The technical services of the Center include data editing, statistical analyses, data formatting, and spatial analysis in GIS research. Software used includes ESRI ArcGIS, ERDAS Imagine, and other appropriate tools.
Faculty and students may use the Center free of charge for their personal work with minimal software assistance. Geospatial Analysis Center staff are available for classroom sessions, seminars, and demonstrations. Please contact us for more information.
*Call for rates for internal (UMD) customers
Service - 2016
External Sales Rate
|GIS Analyst /hr||$95.00|
|GIS Staff /hr||$50.00|
|GIS Student /hr||$25.00|
|Lab resource /hr||$7.70|
|Large format printing (up to 48" length)||$80.00|
|Large format printing (per linear foot over 48")||$18.00|
|Large format scanning||$22.00|
- Possible poster paper roll sizes are 36", 42", and 44" (3/16" printer margin)
- Resize the page in the program you are creating a poster in at the final printed size first
- Enlarging images may create unsatisfactory results
- Save the file as a pdf (filename needs to include your name and dimensions of the poster) with the final dimensions you desire
- Open the pdf and verify it looks OK at 100% size and that the dimensions are correct
- Send the PDF with payment information to email@example.com
- Printing charge does not include poster development assistance (consulting rates apply)